At the beginning of every school year, a boy and girl from Year 1 to Year 6 are elected to be a School Councillor to represent their class at meetings.
As a School Councillor they…
• Represent their classes ‘voice’ at meetings
• Make decisions about what happens in school
• Give ideas to make the school a better place
This is what our current School Councillors said…
“Help make the school a better place”
“Listen to their classes good suggestions and take them to the meetings”
“Be a good role model to all of the other children in the school”
In the past the School Council have…
• Been to meet the mayor of Dudley at The Council House.
• Met the Local MP Mike Wood to ask him questions about what he does and also to help us with the problems of parking outside our school gates.
• Written a letter to parents to ask them to park sensibly outside the school gates so that the children feel safe.
Ashwood Park Primary School,
West Midlands, DY8 5DJ
Tel: 01384 818545